I am a Jewish, feminist, American, wife, mother, grandmother, sister, artist, quilt maker, business owner, educator, student, writer, and friend.
Bubbe Wisdom is the combination of moral knowledge and common sense as it reflects upon and determines action that encourages the human ability to be and do good in the effort to enhance the quality of life for all beings.
Bubbe Wisdom ties together philosophical values, physical consciousness, psychological emotions and ephemeral spirit to improve the likelihood of right action in the right way at the right time.
Bubbe Wisdom Values:
- Precious life requires kavanah: intentional and conscious living.
- Creating visual and written art inspires growth and learning.
- Within a constant state of life-change, it is critical to emphasize the process itself and not simply to achieve an outcome.
- Judaism affirms answers to purpose of life, free will, the nature of good and evil, the soul, and the afterlife that can work with other faith traditions and humanitarian approaches to advance world health and healing.
Bubbe Wisdom Goals:
- To create a written legacy for my friends, family and community.
- To communicate in a transparent positive manner.
- To apply in daily practice Jewish faith and practice through learning, mitzvot, and tzedakah.
- To combat prejudice, promote diversity, increase communication, advocate social justice and sanctify the earth.
- To be accessible to the giving and receiving of information on life’s puzzles.
- To move beyond everyday triviality into the depth of spirit that enacts astute decisions to benefit the greater good and enhance the quality of life.
- To connect with a rational common-sense community of shared mission and purpose.
- To live a live with dignity, humility and rightful action.
- To maintain a sense of humor and prospective.